HTML/Javascript

Monday, October 21, 2013

Wisconsin Bass


I managed to get outside this weekend at a lake near the cabin, to do some jig fishing.  The water temp. was just below 50 degrees on this lake, so I decided to stick with the jig for the entire afternoon.  I think it may have warmed to 52.  If I could do it over, I would have gone to a deeper local lake, that would have had warmer water.   I wouldn't consider this to be my favorite type of bass fishing, but it may have been the only option to put fish in the boat today.  The two fish I posted pictures of were the best ones of the afternoon.  I didn't bother to measure them, because I knew they were under 20".  This lake has boasted some piggies, and I really thought I was going to put a bigger one in the boat.  I am starting to realize that I am a total optimist, when it comes to fishing.  I always seem to see the possibility in a lake.  I haven't caught one in this lake more than 5 lbs, but I talked to a guy that caught two approaching 7!  So, I figure eventually, I will get into one of those beasts if I put in my time.  Lots of healthy fish in this lake, but it is proving to be a spring, and fall lake for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment