HTML/Javascript

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wisconsin Bass (Nasty bass wound...)

Shaky Head Fish

Drop-shot Fish
 I had a nice time fishing some mid-lake structure with some spinning tackle, and I did throw a shaky head on a bait-caster too.  I was having a hard time adjusting to controlling the fish with lighter line, and lost a few giants to be honest.  Probably two that would have gone over five...  I really hammered them the first day on this spot.  The water temp. got to 80 degrees and things started to really slow.  I got really worried about the sore on the biggest fish I caught too.  If anyone knows, or has seen this, I don't think it is a good sign for this lake.  This lake has an abundance of bass in the 16" to 16 3/4 inch range, and they are usually really fat too!  I caught one that was 16 (no pic) that was bursting.  I looked into its mouth to see if I might find out why, and sure enough there was a big old crappie tail sticking out.  And, there are also some nice crappie in this lake, some of them seemed a little sickly though.  Not sure if it was the thick water, high temp. or something worse.  I really hope that the fish are okay, it is a great early summer lake!
Nice Crappie on a five-inch dinger!

Biggest fish of the weekend with a nasty sore.

Never seen anything this bad on a fish...

Drop-shot

No comments:

Post a Comment