HTML/Javascript

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wisconsin PRE-SPAWN FATTY

FAT, FAT, FAT - PRESPAWN YETTI-BASS

Bursting!

Well, before I went back to my main strategy I was fishing a swim-bait in some water that obviously feeds some prime spawning ground.  With the water temp anywhere from 59 to 63 degrees, I was hoping to get some pre-spawn fish.  My third cast I thought I had a northern, or big walleye on when this plump bass emerged, probably on its way in to drop those eggs.  I thought that it was going to be much longer because of its size, but I would guess this fish come close to the 5 lb mark!  I caught three fish on the swim-bait, before I targeted shallower water.  It was a fabulous day on the water.  I caught at least 34 bass today, and there were only three little ones.  Most of the fish were between 15 1/2 to 17 1/4, with pictures of the two largest.  The day before we fished the lake, and I caught about 17 fish in a few hours.  It was my first time on this lake this weekend, and it definitely will not be the last.  The water temp went up from yesterday even though the the air temp was down on this overcast day.  It did clear up briefly towards the end of the outing, and that is when the fishing started to slow down.
Second biggest today...

No comments:

Post a Comment